Automation is important for proactive monitoring & immediate actions. Users can create automation logic and monitor the history here.
Users can create rules here and enable/disable/delete them.
Basic table features
- Search: for a rule applied on a specific SIM via EID/ ICCID of the SIM or via Tags
- Filtering/Sorting: the table allows filtering/sorting where applicable and resetting of the filters
- Column selection: select the columns to be displayed
- Pagination: select how many rows of data should be displayed & navigate multiple pages
The Transactions detail summary table is explained below.
Rules are a compilation of 3 elements along with some configurations.
Header Information The header information carries the following:
- Short name and description to identify the rule
- Re-Evaluate: This defines if the rule will run only once or forever. It is not applicable for certain triggers and is set to NEVER by default.
- Always: The rule will be evaluated each time it is triggered for the specified target indefinitely.
- Begining of next calendar day: If the rule has been evaluated in the calendar day (UTC), it will be disabled until the next calendar day starts when the rule will be evaluated again if triggered.
- Begining of next calendar month: If the rule has been evaluated in the calendar month (UTC), it will be disabled until the next calendar month starts when the rule will be evaluated again if triggered.
- Never: The rule will be marked as COMPLETED after one successful evaluation.
- Status: Users can create rules in an Enabled (default) or disabled state.
What triggers the rule?
The available triggers in the platform are:
- Usage Monitoring
- SMS incoming
- SMS outgoing
- Voice incoming
- Voice outgoing
- IMEI change
Usage Monitoring allows a user to select conditions for the usage type to have breached. These are broken down into the amount of usage and the period of the usage.
There are various combinations of periods the user can select - some are static (e.g. calendar month) and some are to monitor a moving period (past months).
IMEI change allows a user to select the “From” and “To” IMEI types with “Any” triggering the rule for any device change.
The rule trigger will only happen for the SIMs/ Profiles (ICCIDs/EIDs) selected in the target section. User has a choice to select apply to all or a selected few.
A user can select upto 10 actions triggered for a rule. They will be triggered in the order created (if applicable).
The Action types available in the platform are:
- Email: user can enter up to 10 recipients in an email action
- Billing State Change: user can activate/ suspend/ terminate a SIM either of a particular connectivity profile profile or “Any”. (!!) Exercise caution in targeting the “Terminated” State with automation as this is an unrecoverable state.
- Webhook: user can set up a webhook URL and optionally add header name and value for the action